[linux-dvb] VDR 0.82 and Alphacrypt CI

Debian Potato
CPU: K6/2+500 on P5A/128MB, Adaptec 2940
DVB Driver: 06/18/01
VDR Version: 0.82
Card: Siemens Fujitsu DVB-Cable (Telekom Net Munich) with CI and analog modules
Kernel: 2.4.5-ac16, all necessary updates to debian are done (?)

After I successfully compiled VDR, I found it VEEEEERY slow and
irresponsive, and it didn't recognize my Alphacrypt module (with original,
paid Premiere World subscription BTW).
Getting the OSD took about 5 seconds from pressing SPACE (my Menu key).

Now I did some more testing and removed the Alphacrypt.

Suddenly VDR works like a breeze! (Except it still doesn't do any PayTV of
course).
Channel zapping is faster than with every other program I know of.
Is there anything I can do?
I would LOVE to get rid of my Win98 partition (which provides me with
WinDVBLive, the only Software so far capable of dealing with my Alphacrypt
module) and still be able to watch (and record!) Premiere.
Should I switch to older drivers and vdr? (AFAIK this problem is firmware-
and as such driver-related???)

Please help if you find out something
Stephan