[linux-dvb] Setting PIDs in CVS driver 2001-06-22

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > I noticed that in the latest CVS driver's dvb.c the SetPIDs() call
 > in tuning to the default channel (n-tv) is now done _before_ the
 > actual tuning, as opposed to previous driver versions where it
 > was done _after_ tuning.
 >
 > Does this mean that an application should now also set the PIDs _before_ tuning?
 >
 > Could this be the reason why encrypted channels no longer work with the latest
 > CVS driver?

PIDs are now only set if a channel lock is detected. Otherwise the
MPEG video decoder on the new card can crash.
Before the tuning, or actually before any command that could change
the transponder (diseqc, voltage, etc.), I now disable all PIDs.
Only disabling video would be necessary but disabling audio gets rid
of the occasional squeaking sound when changing channels.

If you set PIDs when no lock was established yet, the PIDs are only
stored. If tuning is successfull, those stored PIDs are set.
If you set PIDs when there already is a lock, the PIDs are stored and
set immediately.
So, it should not make a difference. The change in InitFront() was
only done for testing. But I will do some more checking to see if
there still is a bug in there.

Ralph