[linux-dvb] Re: Videotext on TV

Peter Seyringer wrote:
> when i try n-tv i can watch videotext on my tv. If i change to an other channel the videotext doesn't work? Why?

Teletext (in Germany called 'Videotext') is broadcast on a separate
packet identifier (PID) within the DVB multiplex stream. When switching
to a programme you need to set the audio, video and teletext PID. If you
do not set the latter PID you will not get teletext reinserted into the
vertical blanking area of the composite video signal.
When using VDR make sure your channels.conf has got an extra column for
the TT-PID according to the description in FORMATS:

  The fields in a channel definition have the following meaning (from
left
  to right):

  - Name: the channel's name (if the name originally contains a ':'
character
    it has to be replaced by '|')
  - Frequency in MHz (as an integer)
  - Polarization (one of 'h', 'H', 'v', 'V') **
  - Diseqc number **
  - Symbol rate
  - Video PID
  - Audio PID (either one number, or two, separated by a comma)
  - Teletext PID
  - Conditional Access (0 = Free To Air, 1 = can be decrypted by the
first
    DVB card, 2 = can be decrypted by the second DVB card)
  - Program Number

Hope this helps

Deti