[linux-dvb] Re: Editing prob with latest driver/vdr

Thorsten Heck wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Installing the latest cvs driver and the latest patch for vdr broke the
> still-frame preview while editing the cutting marks. That is, in the
> earlier versions, when pressing "4" and "6" to move a cutting mark, the
> program displayed the frame at the current mark.
> Now, it seems that only the top few lines of the frame are being updated,
> the remaing part of the image being a total mess.
> Does anybody else have this behaviour?

The problem is a modification they made in the driver's dvb.c.
I don't know why they did this (I assume they had some reason...),
but if you change it back to the way it was done in driver version 2001-06-18
it works again.

Locate function play_iframe() in DVB/driver/dvb.c and replace it with this
version from the older driver:

#define MIN_IFRAME 500000

void play_iframe(struct dvb_struct *dvb, u8 *buf, int len, int nonblock)
{
        int i,n;

        if (len>=MIN_IFRAME)
                n=1;
        else
                n=MIN_IFRAME/len+1;
        dvb_play(dvb, iframe_header, 9, nonblock, 1);
        for (i=0; i<n; i++) {
                dvb_play(dvb, buf, len, nonblock, 1);
        }
}