Von: kls@cadsoft.de [mailto:kls@cadsoft.de]Im Auftrag von Klaus
Schmidinger
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Juni 2001 09:29
An: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [linux-dvb] Re: AC3 works with Pro7 and PW (was ...towards
AC3sound)

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> after applying the patch to strip the header, it is now possible to replay
> ac3data from Pro7 and from Premiere World. Strangely the header strip is
> not necessary at Pro7 .. here it works with and without header ... on PW
> the header must be striped for ac3dec.

Well, then I guess generally stripping the header in VDR is the way to go.
I'll change it that way.

> I'm not an expert regarding mpeg2 .. but striping the PTS should be no
> problem at all because the external programm cannot sync with the video.
> Maybe vdr should check the PTS before striping it to get the most possible
> sync before the stream leaves VDR ?!?!
>
> Something like:
>
> -analyze pts
> -sync via pts to video
> -strip header
> -send to external pipe

The data that comes from the driver should already be in sync, so I don't
know if/how VDR could improve that.

>>From what I've seen so far it looks as if the Dolby Digital data arrives
somewhere in the area of 1/25 seconds before the video and "normal" audio
data. However, the test reports here on the list so far have shown that
the Dolby Digital sound is somewhat "behind" the video. Maybe some of you
can look further into this and observe whether there is always a constant
offset (in which direction?) or whether the offset grows/shrinks over time.

Klaus

linux-dvb" as subject.