[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: AC3 works with Pro7 and PW (was ...towards AC3sound)

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > Andreas Vitting wrote:
 > >
 > > The header is wrong !! See at DIGITAL AUDIO COMPRESSION (AC-3) ATSC
 > > STANDARD. The frames has a exact framesize, starting with a sync sequence.
 > > Ac3dec works because of his "resync" capability. He does ist for every frame
 > > again (much work for nothing). Other ac3 decoders only search the first
 > > sync, check the parameters(framesize, rate and so on) and then playing and
 > > playing and ....  ;-)
 > > Ok, i think at the first step you can cut the header away (but the better
 > > place would be the driver)
 >
 > I don't think that the driver should strip the PES header, because that's
 > what VDR needs in order to handle the packets. It's easy for VDR to strip
 > that header at replay time, and that's what I'm going to do.

More about AC3 can be found at http://www.atsc.org/Standards/A52/. The
relevant part would be on page 107pp of the PDF file.
The question is if Pro7 or Premiere stick to these definitions.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de