[linux-dvb] Re: Best DVB-s card

> I'm just another newbie looking to bye a DVB-s card capable
> of using CI.
> Help me by the question "which one?"!
> Can you recomend a certain model (e.g. Siemens, Happauge, ...)
> and version, which seems to do best job for vdr and dvdplayer?

All cards with an connector for an CI-Interface based on the same
layout bye Technotrend, so all cards are the same and use the same
software. If you would use it to decode Mpeg2 (DVD) you need al full
featured
card (NOT the budget-Versions e.g. WinTV Nova)

> Or, vice versa, which models/versions to avoid?

The older revision works at he moment a lot better then the new 2.1.

> Is there also a hardware description for the IR-remote control
> supported from the vdr and dvdplayer somewhere on the net?

You can use RCU for VDR, and also an ir-receiver called "IR-Man" cause
VDR offer Lirc-support.
Take a look at http://www.lirc.org

Greetings
A. Share