[linux-dvb] Re: VIDEO_STILLPICTURE - success

Marcus,

I needed to update the DVB driver to the very latest CVS, and then it works
as described in the API docs.  With my previous driver (about 1-2 weeks old),
I just got a blank screen - thanks for the help you gave me off-list.

I've managed to display various images at the size you suggest using the
following imagemagick command:

"convert -sample 702x576\! testimage.ext test.mpg"

I've written a short program that grabs a JPEG image every 10 seconds from a
webcam on the Internet, and displays the picture using the DVB card.  This
has been running for the last hour without problems - if anyone wants a copy,
please email me privately.

I've also done some quick benchmarking if anyone's interested:

1) displaying the same image repeatedly 100 times takes 31 seconds - i.e. it
seems to take the driver/card about 1/3 of a second to display a frame.

2) converting a single frame from a 320x200 JPEG to 702x576 I-FRAME takes 3.5
seconds on my PII 400MHz system using imagemagick.

Regards,

Dave.