[linux-dvb] which versions ?

Hello List ;-)

i'm currently using VDR0.71 with the driver 0.8.2 under suse 7.1 with the 2.2.18 Kernel. Now i'm looking forward to installing the current vdr with current DVB drivers.
But that means that i need at least the 2.4.0 kernel (right ?)

The 2.4.0 kernel is already integrated in suse 7.1 and i just have to switch to it - but is it a good idea to use the 2.4.0 ?
Is anyone using the 2.4.0 kernel with current vdr ? Or does this create problems ? Should I use suse 7.2 with newer kernel ?
I want to have less downtime and a stable system :-)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Martin.