[linux-dvb] Re: channel switching problem solved now?

> Two weeks ago, I tried VDR 0.82 and drivers 0.9 (18.06.2001). I had the
> problem that after switching the channel 30 times or so, vdr shows a
> black picture, doesn't quit itself (so it doesn't restart by the

I have the rev. 2.1 Hauppauge card and at least there the problem persists.
After switching back and forth for a while (sometimes after two minutes,
sometimes after 10 minutes), the screen will suddenly stay black upon
switching from one channel to another. However, VDR won't hang in this
situation, I can still switch to another channel, I can see the EPG info and
I can also replay a recording. But when I stop the replay, the driver will
hang most of the time (not always). All this happens without any error
message. The black screen can also be reproduced by turning on the EPG
scanner so the problem seems to be in the channel tuning code and it's not
restricted to manual channel switching.

Regards,
hh