[linux-dvb] Integration Script

hi all.

it seems *g* that there is some need for such a thing *g*, so if
anyone is interested, here it comes:

  http://www.tja.org/dvb/runvideo

is a script you could use to control VDR and its siblings DTV and
DVDPlayer. in the user-menu of VDR via

  http://www.tja.org/dvb/commands.conf

you can play DVD´s, switch to DTV and shutdown or reboot the machine.
after dvd-playback (exit in the dvdplayers menu) you will get back to
VDR. resuming VDR after DTV is not implemented now due problems with
the DTV user-menus (as you see in recent messages on this list), i
will fix that later;-(

requirements:

- dvdplayer (with cssauth), DTV and VDR should of course be
functional standalone

- i use /usr/local/bin for the binaries (like dvdplayers "make
install"), DTVs "make install" has its own stile - i used that

- the drivers are in /usr/src/DVB/driver

- a "power" button defined in lircd.conf and used with irexec to run
"runvideo reload-driver" (see below)

how i use it:
i´ve got linked K01runvideo and S22runvideo to a modified suse rc-
file named /etc/init.d/runvideo in /etc/init.d/rc3.d on my Suse 7.2
sys. this runs all at boot-time.
playdvd (see below) is modified with absolute paths to find the
necessary files.
dont forget to run "lircd" and "irexec -d <conf-file>" before
starting runvideo - best use a rc-template and adapt that.

hopefully i have nothing forgotten, feel free to ask, modify or
suggest improvments or: build a better script ;-)

wbr.tja...

my irexec file:

  http://www.tja.org/dvb/lirc-exec.conf

my playdvd mods:

  http://www.tja.org/dvb/playdvd

my /etc/init.d/runvideo (mod from suses rc-scripts):

  http://www.tja.org/dvb/runvideo-rc

thomas jagoditsch
email:tja@tja.org