[linux-dvb] Re: dolby digital / silent hd

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Dieter Bloms wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, Gernot A. Weber wrote:
>
> > my vdr setup works. So I'm heading to any new challenges :))
> >
> > My next step will be to buy a soundcard, which is able to give dolby
> > digital to its digital out. Any suggestions about a product, which is good
> > supported by linux?
>
> I use a hoontech card with a Trident chip.
> It is supported by alsa very well.

Seems to me the hoontech cards with trident chipset are not manufactured
anymore. Ther e are only two versions with a Yamaha XG :((

> Please see http://www.hoontech.com
>
> > I just saw an offer by vobis for a 100GB Maxtor HD. Is it recommendable?
> > Or are there any more silent products with an equal cost/MB ratio?
>
> Don't know; I use a 80GB Matrox disk and it is very silent (5400^-1)
>
> > And where can I find a silent power supply or casing?
> >
> > Btw. Is there a list with the SVDR commands?
>
> yes, type help  ;)

After which command I should type help. I tried svdrpsend, but there was
no list of commands.

What about the Soundblaster Live! Cards. Is the Player card supported or
only the much more expensive Platinum? Are there any cheaper alternatives?

Gernot