[linux-dvb] Re: DTV 1.1.2 possible bugs ? (revised)

Henrik Rasmussen schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I posted a minireview of DTV 1.1.2 earlier but have to revise it because I
> made a major bummer in my lircd.conf. I had by mistake swapped the keys for
> the "a" and "o" event :(
>
> For DTV this means that practically all of the "bugs" mentioned in the
> earlier post aren't there. What is left is the following :
>
> 1. Starting dtv
> ---------------
> After starting dtv "dtv -d" the very first event is ignored. After that no
> problems. This is a very minor thing.

I know this, it's a kind of a philosophic problem, and I plan to change it in a
future version, together with some support for state saving (what was the last
program looked at, what EPG was already colleted, etc.)

> 2. VTX
> ------
> Giving the event "b" should switch you to the VTX state showing a Teletext
> window. When it works this is a really nice feature!
> For some channels the "b" just triggers an OSD saying "VTX receiption
> started" and then noting more. Trying again gives the same result.

In technical terms that means, the DVB-SI data marks a PID as VTX PID (this is
the criterion to start the VTX at all), but there is no data arriving there (at
the demux-device, within a certain time). As this is only true for 'some'
channels, please mail me the channel names, where the behaviour can be seen.
Maybe there is a problem DTV has with handling these special channels.

> Future wishes
> -------------
> selection of a single audio channel (left or right) if it is possible. Some
> channels, especially EuroSport are sending different language commentaries
> in the left and right audio channel.

What exactly do you mean with 'selection' ? At the moment the left and right
audio channel are connected flawlessly with the output jack at the DVB-card.
Therefore you should always have the possibility to select left or right audio
at your whatever kind of Television/Monitor displaying that data (if it is
stereo). Additionally I did not notice any channel that sends different
languages in that way, but I will have a special look at EuroSport later this
day. I know that they do this with analog broadcastings, but with DVB this would
be definitely against the standard, which would be (nicely said) no good idea.

> Sorry about the misleading post earlier and I must say that DTV looks very
> nice.

Thanks a lot--;)))

Rolf