[linux-dvb] Re: Open tuner-box of DBV-S to install heatsink?

normally you shouldn.t remove the metal "cover".
but as already written by me before, you could do
the following w/o changing anything on the card/tuner.

first you have to remove the cover. ;) then take an
old (eg.486) proz.heatsink with fan, and drill a
little hole in the middle. apply some silikon
(or silver) paste to the heatsink. then screw it
with a VERY short screw (so it won.t get in contact
with the tuner board!!), the heatsink to the cover.
you can feed the fan with 5 or 7 volts, so you
won.t hear it, but the dvb-s card stays "handwarm".

good luck!

servus hannes!

Johannes Schoeller
<schoeller@gmx.at>