[linux-dvb] Re: Little suggestion for DTV

Jean-Claude Repetto schrieb:

> Not everybody is using an universal LNB. Most motorized installations have a
> Full-Band LNB, ans LO frequencies are different. Also, the 13V/18V
> commutation is used to switch the band, and not the polarisation. It would
> be nice if the LNB characteristics could be configured easily (without
> patching the source files).
>
> Even for those having an universal LNB, it may be interesting to adjust the
> LO frequency, since the AFC is not very efficient. If I offset the LO
> frequencies of a few megahertz, I have no more tuning problems.
>
> Jean-Claude

Hi,

this is possible since version 1.1.0. If you only have one LNB, you can use the
global options

       dvbDefaultDiseqcNr            : default is 0
       dvbDefaultLnbLsof             : default is 11700
       dvbDefaultLnbFreqLow          : default is 9750
       dvbDefaultLnbFreqHigh         : default is 10600

to change the LNB settings. For Diseqc setup please read the
transponders.dcl.diseqc file for the Diseqc satellite definition, which includes
LNB settings for each satellite. To reference a channel of a certain satellite
the satellite identifier has to be added for each entry of the
'define_available_channels' list, but this is done automatically by dtv_scan if
you have defined a Diseqc setup.

Regards,

Rolf