[linux-dvb] AW: Re: dtv teletext, UI

The font is stored in dvb_vtx.h. There are included two xbm-bitmaps (cut and
paste them to a file and open or convert them with xv), which are used as
fonts. These fonts are taken from xawtv, but rescaled to fit for the
necessary font-size. It is possible, that there are artefacts caused by this
transformation, although I tried to do my best...good luck...

> another question (for the drivers developers) is if it could be
> possible to change the osd-mem-size dynamically - so one could
> enlarge the osd for vtx or big menus or mp3-player etc. (and get some
> distortions anyway) and shrink it back for normal viewing/playback
> etc.

That would be great, especially because playback is an important
application, but nonetheless the most important application (for me) is
watching TV (and getting additional information about the displayed stuff
via OSD)

> yup - that mpeg-text thing would be a solution - but could it be fast
> enough ?!?

Teletext is not very critical with timing, there are only still pictures. If
it would take a few seconds to prepare a VTX page for displaying (MPEG
encoding), who'd care...??

Regards,

Rolf