[linux-dvb] Re: dvdplayer with region 1 dvd, success with new kernel

Thomas Jagoditsch wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2001, at 15:05, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>

>>>commands.conf script ? could this work ?
>>>
>>If you kill VDR with SIGINT or SIGTERM it should gracefully terminate
>>after the script called from commands.conf returns.
>>

> thx klaus. i tried this (as in my script) and it works w/o problems.
>
> is there a possibility to add parameter in commands.conf to free the
> video-devices - to start other apps which depends on them ?

Here my dirty little workaround:

commands.conf:

2 DVD abspielen : echo Starte DVD ; echo DVD >/video/source ; killall vdr

runvdr (major parts from VDR-0.83):

DVBDIR="/usr/local/bin"
VDRPRG="/usr/local/bin/vdr"
VDRCMD="$VDRPRG -w 60"
VDRUSR=vdr

KILLPROC="/usr/bin/killall -TERM"

# (cd $DVBDIR; make insmod)

{ while (true) do
    while (true) do
      sudo -u $VDRUSR $VDRCMD
      if test $? -eq 0; then break; fi
      date
      echo "restarting VDR"
      $KILLPROC $VDRPRG
      sleep 5
      (cd $DVBDIR; ./dvb-entladen ; ./dvb-laden)
      date
    done
    case `cat /video/source` in
      DVD)