[linux-dvb] Antwort: VDR and AC3 out via SB live

Hi Martin,

I use a cmipci card ... anyway afaik Pro7 sends the digital-audio stream in
every broadcast EXCEPT commercials ... I tested several times with Pro7 and
it works. Did you test to pipe the data into a file and play it with
play-ac3 ??? (first "-a cat > ac3data" and to see if it works play-ac3
ac3data) If this works the realtime should work too ..

Anyway as another way try the alsa drivers .... they support ac3 over
digital output afaik.

Stefan

                    ma.hoff@t-online.d
                    e (Martin                 An:     "linux-dvb" <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
                    Hoffmann)                 Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:             Thema:  [linux-dvb] VDR and AC3 out via SB live
                    linux-dvb-bounce@l
                    inuxtv.org

                    13.07.2001 22:32

Hi,

i'm trying to get the ac3 output via Soundblaster Live digital output to
work.

Has anyone succesfully done this yet ?
If so, would you please tell me how to do that ?

Here is what i have done so far:

I took the latest cvs drivers for the SB Live (emu10k1) compiled them and
compiled the tool play-ac3.
Okay, after loading those "filters" to enable ac3 output, the play-ac3 with
a filename just works fine!
As far as i understand i have to add a "-a play-ac3 -" to the paramters of
the vdr call. Or to be precise a script which is called by -a and contains
the "play-ac3 -" command, because otherwise the "-" isn't passed through.
So i thought this should work. But when switching to Pro7 there is only
silence (someone told me there would alway be ac3 2.0 ?) - and switching
back to any other channel (pro7 is the only one, i can receive, which
contains a Dolby pid) gives an error message from play-ac3 about a broken
ac3 stream.
Is this behavior correct ? And will it work, if pro7 casts a movie
containing 5.1 DD ?

Or is this the wrong way ?

Any help would be nice...

 Martin.