[linux-dvb] Re: Understanding the API and VDR

Guenter Wildmann wrote:

> As far as I understand the API it provides the ability to
> get a PES-Stream for audio and one for video.
> How do i combine these streams to have only one?
> Klaus does it in his VDR, because it produces only
> one file.
> I can live with two streams on recording, but
> on playback i do not know how to feed the card with
> both streams synchronized.
> Hints and explanations welcome.

VDR doesn't get separate audio and video streams from the driver,
but rather gets a TS stream (maybe with additional language and
Dolby Digital data) from the /dev/ost/dvr device and repacks that
to a multiplexed PES stream.
See the respective code parts in dvbapi.c and remux.c.

Klaus