[linux-dvb] Re: problems with vdr recording

> Peter Ludwig wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I set the timer and the recording of this film begins.
> > But after a while the recording stops.
> > I can't figure out why.
> >
> > Does anybody perhaps know why?
>
> Have you enabled setting the system time from the transponders?
> Since the various tv stations apparently all are located in different
> relativistic corners of this universe, their clocks are not always
> exactly synchronous. So after switching to a channel for recording,
> the new transponder might set the time back and so the recording
> is disturbed.
>
> I guess I'll have to change that so that only a single (trusted)
> transponder is allowed to set the system time...
>
> For the moment I suggest you disable this function.
>
> In case anybody in charge of one of these tv stations reads this:
> HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO RUN A PRECISE CLOCK THESE DAYS???
> EVER HEARD OF DCF77???

As i've seen today, this must not be the case:

I watched (and recorded) today Farscape and suddenly I saw distortions.
My first thought was an problem with my PC/drivers/vdr. But I switched
my TV back to cable and saw distortions also - on Pro 7 was the same
problem, but not on RTL. I took a look at wetteronline.de and saw
an thunderstorm (?) near Munich at the same time on the radar.

As long vdr wanted to record this timer, I couldn't start vdr, because
it couldn't succesfully switch back to Sat. 1 (Emergency exit -
driver reload = endless loop).

Another case, where we have no influence on. :-(

By the way:
VDR doesn't start a recording, if you watch the EPG, while the timer
time has come, if you are on an different channel (I've only 1 card).

Mario