[linux-dvb] Re: 16:9-signalling?

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Marcus Kuba wrote:

> Am 15.07.2001, schrieb "dan" <danl@dnt.ro> ...
>
> > Here is a document describing this topic:
>
> > http://www.dtg.org.uk/dtgactivities/published/afd.pdf
>
> Thank you...
>
> After having a short look at it it seems that both my TV-Set and the PS2
> support the "Line 23"-signalling. Since the DVB-S cards have no
> scart-connectors and therefore no "pin 8"-signalling, I think it would be
> quite useful if at least the "line 23"-stuff would be used. The question
> is now.. is it already in the driver and must be activated by VDR or is
> this a missing feature of the driver?

The "line 23"-stuff (WSS) is similar to videotext, but not the same
(slower in speed and signaling). The question is: the hardware and
driver can reinsert the teletext data, can it reinsert the line 23 too? A
grep through the driver directory did not find anything related to WSS. I
guess at least the firmware have to be able to do that.
The pin 8 signalling (6V or 12V at scart cable pin 8) is not possible with
the DVB-S. There is simply no such signal available at J2, so we should
look at that WSS-signal - is there a way to get it enabled in the driver?

        Matthias