[linux-dvb] No picture at all

Hi all,

on Friday I got my Siemens DVB-s card. I compiled the latest driver from
linuxtv.org and vdr-0.83. Then I inserted the card, made "make insmod" and got
the picture of n-tv. I was impressed, how easy it was, so I compiled vdr and
ran it. It worked perfectly. So I recorded some broadcasts watched them and so
on.
The next day I played around with dvdplay but failed. I powered down the
machine, and did s.th. different. Some houres later I´ve restarted my machine,
loaded the modules, but there was no picture on TV. I started vdr. Nothing.
The screen was black with some flickering.
There is a slightly different picture on TV if I load the modules. Without the
modules it is realy black, with modules loaded there is some flickering.

I don´t get any error messages in /var/log/messeges or /var/log/syslog.
Everything looks ok. For example, if I swich channels (whitout seeing
anything), /var/log/messages says that it is swiching. No errors, no picture.
I checkt cable and anything else.
My d-box shows a perfect picture. I´m using Debian/Sid with kernel-2.4.6-xfs.
I´ve recompiled everything but the problem is not gone.

Any thoughts? Is it possible, that "dvdplay" overwrites the firmware? What
else coud it be? Is my card broken? As soon as I´m out of office I´ll be able
to post parts of my messages file.

Thanks
Conny