[linux-dvb] Obviously HW problem ?

Hi all,

this mail I sent to Hauppauge helpline. As expected, they pointed
me to some drive-updates for Windoze ...
Since I told them *again*, that no Windoze is running, and the
problem occurs w/o any OS, they didn't respond ;-)

Maybe the guys in this list will have an idea or at least
some hints:

I run a Hauppauge DVB-S on a Duron900, GA7ZX, 128MB machine.
After a couple of hours the card hangs, yesterday the complete
machine crashed.

Without doing anything else I reboot, and from now on *not even the BIOS*
detects this card anymore. Also linux's lspci tells me about
free slot #4. (or any other I tested)

I can remove the card and put it back - still undetected.

Only thing that helps is to put the DVB card to an other PC
(233MMX) Power it on, wait for 'insert Bootdisk' and power off.

When the card is placed back in my Duron, it'll be detected
until it hangs again and I go round_robin by telling that...

Any ideas what to do for getting a little closer what the
reason/problem might be ?

BTW: Bios is latest, on all PCI slots same behaviour, no/all
other cards, BIOS settings, IRQ ... checked and changed

*hmmm*

TIA
Ralf