[linux-dvb] Re: VDR: sound-problems, aborting recording

Hi Klaus,

> Do you have a special channels.conf, or are you using the one that comes
> with the VDR archive? The problem may have to do with the sequence in which
> the channels are switched. Please send me your channels.conf (private email),
> so I can try that one - or try the original channels.conf on your system
> and check if the problem still persists.

I use the "original" channels.conf from VDR.

> > The system should be performant enough. I use VDR.84 with the latest CVS
> > driver, but without the two patches Klaus posted -- I think they haven't
> > to do with this problems - or have they?
>
> My two recent patches deal with the OSD and replaying still pictures, so
> I don't think they would cure your problem.
>
> How many DVB cards do you have in your system? I'm wondering if the
> "read incomplete section" message came from the card that did the recording.

I've two new Hauppauge-cards.
Perhaps the system isn't as performant as I wrote in my first mail, I
just see that I've problems with DMA -- that would explain the second
problem, wouldn't it?

Ansgar Jonietz.