[linux-dvb] Re: LIRC problem with VDR 0.84 + DVB 0.9 (Klaus' patch)?

Carsten,

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:26:45 +0200, Carsten Koch wrote:
>> > Nobody out there having a problem with LIRC not showing a menu while keys 0-9
>> > still work? I have only changed to VDR 0.84 & DVB driver 0.9 patched by Klaus
>>
>> I don't use LIRC myself, so I can't test this.
>> But please try using the remote.c file from VDR version 0.83.
>> There has been a change in the buffer length for the key names
>> received from LIRC - maybe this broke something...
>
>I'm using LIRC and I do not have a problem.
>
>Frankly, I do not understand why people think that the lack
>of an OSD has anything to do with LIRC. In particular, when
>numeric channel selection still works, I'd say the LIRC is
>working, but the OSD is not.
No, you're absolutely right. I don't think it has anything to do with LIRC.
Like I wrote in my first mail concerning this problem: LIRC delivers all
buttons the way I press them. I checked with irw that MENU still delivers MENU
- but I don't get an OSD. So I asked for support because I haven't changed any
of the config files ...

So I will try out what Klaus told me and post it to the mailing list.

Regards,
Jens