[linux-dvb] DVB driver 0.9 and new soundchip

RAINER.BORGER@LFT.DLH.DE writes:
 > I have a new Technisat SkyStar 1 (kompatible with Siemens DVB-s) and when
 > using the DVB-Drivers 0.9 and VDR 0.84 everything is ok but there is no
 > audio. I know (because i talked to Technotrend technical hotline) there is a
 > new Soundchip on this card revision. The Soundchip is no longer connected to
 > the i2c-bus and so the right chip can't be found. Under Windows I have to
 > change only one value in the registry to have sound:
 > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TechnoTrend\DVBSERVER\Settings] "DAC"="Crystal"
 >
 > Does anybody know, how I can change the linux DVB-driver to work with my new
 > soundchip?

I have support for the Crystal DAC CS4341 in the more recent CVS drivers.
But it will currently only be used if a Philips TDA8083 demodulator
is detected because I only know of the board revision 1.6 which uses
the TDA8083 and the CS4341 audio DAC.
IŽll have to add code which detects the Crystal DAC seperately.

Which Revision number does your board have?
Which Tuner version does it have?

Btw., the old TI DAC never was connected to the I2C bus but
directly to the AV7110. The Crystal DAC on the Revision 1.6 board is
connected to the I2C bus.

Ralph