[linux-dvb] Re: play_iframe in cvs driver from 27.7.

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
 > >
 > > Hi,
 > > the play_iframe problem isn't solved with the cvs driver from
 > > 27.7. for me (vdr 0.84, DVB-s 2.1).
 > >
 > > When VIDEO_STILLPICTURE is called by vdr there is only a short
 > > jitter on display. The picture doesn't changes.
 >
 > Apparently someting must have gone wrong when Ralph applied the patch.
 > If I put the send_ipack_rest() call into the for() loop, the it works.

You are not using the current CVS version in what you are
describing/patching.

I also know that I put the send_ipack_rest() outside of the loop.
If it is inside all subsequent calls of instant_repack() are ignored
because there is no new PES header for the PES repacker to "lock unto".

So, after your patch, the iframe is only sent once. This will not
properly display small iframes because the decoder won't start unless
the video buffer is filled enough.
If you want to send many iframes in sequence and each just once you
might as well send them to the video device after adding a PES header
yourself (but with a non-zero length since you cannot call
send_ipack_rest() in this case).

Ralph