[linux-dvb] Re: vdr 0.85 patch: different speeds for fast/slow forward/rewind

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, schaechner wrote:

> Trickmode is really working well. It's also a fine idea to make it
> configurable. But wouldn't it be better to find a more comfortable way
> to turn trickmode on and off instead of struggling through the menu
> tree? I thought of one of the so far unused keys in playback mode (AFAIK
> red, 1, 3, 5)...

I would recommend to keep the red key reserved for a "skip n minutes" or
"time search" feature. Even some analogue VCRs have this feature:

1. Press "time search" button (red?)
2. Enter time (for example "115" for 1 hour 15 minutes)
3. Press forward or backward button.

Regards