[linux-dvb] Re: vdr 0.85 patch: different speeds for fast/slow forward/rewind

Am 30.07.2001, schrieb huels@iname.com (Stefan Huelswitt) ...

> On 30 Jul 2001 "M.Kiesel" <m.kiesel@iname.com> wrote:

> > I would recommend to keep the red key reserved for a "skip n minutes" or
> > "time search" feature. Even some analogue VCRs have this feature:
> >
> > 1. Press "time search" button (red?)
> > 2. Enter time (for example "115" for 1 hour 15 minutes)
> > 3. Press forward or backward button.

> Yes, I allready was planning something like that. I thought about
> jumping to an absolut time or percent position, but you idea with
> relativ jumps is good, too.

Make it so :-)   As I know it from my VCR, if you press "OK", it does an
absolute search and with left/right it skips N index-marks in the desired
direction.
And while we are talking about features... anybody else who'd prefer the
length of a recording in the list instead of the time the recording
started (who cares if a Movie was recorded at 20:15 or 22:25? I'm more
interested in how long it is).

Greetings,  Marcus