[linux-dvb] Hauppauge DVB-T

 > I've been lurking here for a few weeks hoping to get my DVB-T card
 > working under Linux. Now the driver is working I'm giving it a try.
 >
 > I've built and installed the driver, and I can use 'tzap' to tune the
 > card, getting a lock on the local FTA channels. However I now have a
 > dumb newbie question: what do I need to do to watch television?
 > tuxview doesn't do anything (it just freezes). The utilities in
 > mpegtools don't give any useful information, though I'm not sure where
 > the video data should be coming from - there is mention of a dvb0
 > device but I don't have one of those.

You can use xawtv under X11 or the DVB/apps/test/video.c program from
the DVB-CVS. It just starts grabbing into the framebuffer; you have to
set the videomode to something like 768x576x16bit using fbset first and
can then execute the program (remote or local).

 > The system is RedHat 7.2, BTW.
 >
 > As compensation for troubling the list I offer a configuration file
 > for tzap for the Sandy Heath transmitter.

I'll commit this as channels.conf-dvbt-sandyheath into CVS. Could you
please send updates to me and the list when necessairy?

thanks,

- Holger