[linux-dvb] Pentamedia, multicast and Linux

Was hoping someone could help in my attempts to get Penta@Value hardware
working on Linux.
I have installed the card and associated driver with no problem. Machine
comes up just fine and from a signal reception standpoint everything
looks good (i.e. get a signal lock etc).

My problem is I see no data coming in on the interface (pentaval0). The
vendor's hint :.) is the card/driver uses MAC address filtering. Well
that might help someone who knows what is going on but that isn't me.

I am only attempting to use the card for multicast reception etc.

I was working under the assumption (ouch)  that I should see packets on
the interface (ifconfig -a) when the source is sending. Is this a bad
assumption, must I set-up a route, join a group, etc in-order to packets
on the interface ?

I have another machine configured with the other OS which appears to be
working (i.e. I see packets on the interface).

You help would be greatly appreciated,
Mark Robertson <http://www.n2broadband.com/>