[linux-dvb] Re: First release: DVBVideoLAN

At 15.01 06/12/2001, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>if someone is interested in digital video in realtime all over the lan,
>here's a link to my project. This project is in a very early stage. I
>know, it's sometimes not very stable and perhaps I could do some
>additional profiling. But I think, it's a beginning.
>
>http://pulp.mine.nu/dvbvideolan
>
>Comments, tips, etc. are welcome.

Very good work. It is based on the dvb-stream 0.3, but you made a lot of
work on it.
I started the client on windows 2000, adjusted the server under linux and I
started to see the video on my monitor on the windows machine! GREAT! real
time! But there were no voice... Why?

Why are you  truncating the ps every 188 bytes like the transport stream?
Maybe something like 2048/4 or 2048/8 will be more reliable.

What is this packet? During the tcpdump sometimes this appears:
1007677139.507983 192.168.0.2.1027 > 192.168.0.1.2222:  udp 1426 (DF)

Is possible to have the windows client source code?

Please insert a message when the client is acquiring data from server,
because is impossible to understand when it is receiving data or when is
frozen.

Why don't open a mailing list?