[linux-dvb] crypted channels and CAM

Hi!

I'm using an Hauppage winDVB-S I bought many months ago but the windows
software SUCKED so it stayed on the drawer for a lot of time.

Now I managed to use it with the linux driver (great!) and I made
experiments with tuxzap. I only used the v4l interface to see on the monitor
and the composite out to see on TV.

My main concern are crypted channels. I write from Italy, I use a Humax 5400
with the patched firmware. I know that it's possible to patch a normal
irdeto CAM to have the same feature. Is this called "ALL-cam"???

Then, I read many posts concerning CAMs support. I thought they were not
supported, but then on the website of the driver it's written that they are,
even with some little problems. Could you tell me the 'thruth' about this? I
would like to know before paying something as 300DM...!

Thank you!
Alessio Sangalli