[linux-dvb] Re: cannot tune any channel with DVB-c

Hello Klaus,

> IIRC your log file excerpt contained lines like
>
>   ... panic level: 0

Exactly, and no matter what the log-level was.

> There is only _one_ place in VDR where this line is logged, and that's in
> cThread::RaisePanic(). This function is _only_ called from
cDvbApi::SetChannel(),
> which looks like this:
>
>   if (event.type != FE_COMPLETION_EV) {
>      esyslog(LOG_ERR, "ERROR: channel %d not sync'ed on DVB card %d!",
ChannelNumber, CardIndex() + 1);
>      if (this == PrimaryDvbApi)
>         cThread::RaisePanic();
>      return scrFailed;
>      }
>
> It would seem pretty obvious that there *MUST* be a message
>
>   ERROR: channel ... not sync'ed...

I have no real knowledge of C++, but to me it looks like you have to be
right (of course ! )

> However, to be honest, even if that message would appear, I couldn't
explain why tuning
> fails on your system. Maybe the channel settings from channels.conf.cable
don't fit
> your local cable setup?

The one time I had it running (for an hour or so) I had a long dtv_scan
session before starting vdr. I am near absolutely sure, that the
channel.conf-file I used with the DVB-c card came from this scan (and worked
before). I am pretty cluelessright now what to try next.

As I don't have time to play with this in the next days, my next response
will probably take some days. Right now I have put the DVB-s back into my
Multitainer to have a running setup (btw. did I mention already that VDR
(with all the patches) is the greatest thing I have seen since sliced bread
:) ?

I hope to try soon to put the -C card back in and run a dtv_scan again. I
will keep you posted what I find out by this.

Thank you very much,

    Achim