[linux-dvb] LinuxTV and OST

Lauri Pesonen writes:
 > Hello list,
 >
 > I was just wondering what te relationship between LinuxTV.org and
 > ostdev.org is or is tere one?
 >
 > It seems like there is something going on since Convergence is mentioned
 > in the OST pages and the DVB library uses OST devices, but I'm not really
 > sure...

Nokia paid us to implement their driver API, but that was a while ago and
since the specs were unclear in certain parts, the APIs may have
diverged in some points.

 > Also the OST web pages are suc a mess that I can't find a lot of usefull
 > info on them. E.g. do they have a MHP implementation or not? Is it
 > donwloadable? Etc.

Can't say much about that. Convergence has an MHP implementation based
on our kernel API. That would probably also run on the Nokia box with
some minor corrections in their drivers. But Nokia doesn't have the
driver sources on their page and it is unclear if they will open source
them. They have some higher level libraries which the developers of
applications for their box are supposed to use.
If they had handled things a little more logically they would have
made it possible so that the DVB cards could be used by developers to
develope for their box.

Marcus