[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-c

Hello,

Oliver Denzer wrote:

> I can't get my DVB-Fujitsu-Siemens-Card tuned. It's a cable-tv card and
> it is linked to the Berlin cable-network. Is there any special dvbrc I
> need?
>
> And second: Is there any obvious reason that I can't get any sound off
> my DVB card? I'm using an SB 128 pci with the ensoniq 1370 driver
> compiled into the kernel (2.4.13-8ac).

What audio output do you use (S/PDIF or analog)?
Did you connect it directly to an amplifier or to the line in of your
soundcard?

> I got the DVB-9.3-driver  compiled so far without error-messages and  I
> can see ZDF.info. As soon as I try to change the channel it' turns
> black.

Use the driver from 21.09.2001.
Later drivers don't tune correctly (green cubes) and the newest ones show no
picture at all on the SCART connector as soon as you zap away from ZDF.info.

Why exactly does no one of the driver developers want to comment on this?
Come on, PLEASE, there seem to be a lot of people having exactly the same
problem, and we aren't all jerks.....

Cheers
Stephan