[linux-dvb] Re: lost audio after cutting

>> My guess would be that they get irritated by the discontinuity in the
>> Presentation Time Stamps, which occurs at the editing point. These
>> programs should be able to handle such discontinuities gracefully,
instead
>> of simply throwing away the entire rest of the audio track.
>There are a lot of options in these tools. I'll play around with them a
bit.
>Probably I'm doing something wrong, since nobody else reports that
>kind of problems

I also have this problem, so you are not alone ;-)

PVAstrumento even reports in the log-file that it dropped x frames to sync
audio and video again. I even once had the case that PVAstrumento cut out
more than 10 seconds of the video, because he thought there is no audio for
that part.

I have not played around with the PVAstrumento parameters myself yet, but I
think this could solve the problem.

Ralf.