[linux-dvb] Re: Test: How view Italian stations?

Gianluca writes:
 > On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 21:38:59 you wrote:
 >
 > > Are those channels FTA or encrypted?
 > They are all free to air.
 >
 > > If they are FTA there may be some error in
 > ts2ps.
 > > Did you try mplex to create a PS?
 > $ mplex -i TS_STREAM -o /tmp/1 RaiTre.ts
 > Reading from /home/gianluca/RaiTre.ts
 > Output File is: /tmp/1
 > Setting up for SVCD mux

I fixed the problem with RAI3. The problem was that in a TS the length
of the video PES can be larger than 0xFFFF. Up until now I had only
encountered PES with lengths up to 4 x 0xFFFF (that used to be the
problem with ARD and ZDF), but now RAI3 uses double that length,
i.e. 8 x 0xFFFF. So I increased MMAX_PLENGTH to that value.
If there are similar problems in the future, please tell me. I don't
want to set the value too high.

Marcus