[linux-dvb] DVB-s cards for North America?

Please excuse these newbie questions.

I'm interested in building a Linux-based DVB-s system,
but I'm finding it difficult to gather information on
PCI DVB-s cards from my vantage point in sunny
California.  I've read the Linux-DVB hardware FAQ, and
I understand that several manufacturers offer more or
less the same card, though it seems that the card
design has gone through some revisions.  (I'm only
interested in "full-featured" cards.)

Can someone describe the different card versions and
how they correspond to the various manufacturers'
products?  Or are all the manufacturers in sync?  I'm
keenly interested in knowing which versions of which
cards offer NTSC output, RGB output, and S/PDIF
output.

If any North American readers can offer advice on
trade-offs between the various cards, and can
recommend reputable and low-priced dealers :-) in
Europe or elsewhere, I'd appreciate it.  I'm
particularly interested in receiving PBS on AMC-3,
which uses AC-3 audio.  So, which DVB-s boards offer
S/PDIF out -- or is there a way to decode AC-3 via
software?  Any recommendations for a sound card for
decoding AC-3?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!