[linux-dvb] Frequency-string at V4L interface

Hi,

as for I didn't get an answer yet I ask again (especially to people of Convergence):

I wan't to create a frequency-table for Linux (used by Xawtv, scantv, MPlayer, ...) for DVB over satelite.

But the existing frequency-tables (europe-west, europe-east, ...) are made for terrestrian or cable receivers. They only hand over
the frequency, but satelite needs additional information such as high/low, horizontal/vertikal, ...

I hope the Convergence-driver can use the standard strings for frequency at the V4L-interface, with additional information
(e.g. "11632000:v:l" or "11632000:0:1" instead of "847250"). I would create a standard frequency-table and use that strings instead
of the terrestrian frequencies.

Is it possible to do so? How must that string be (frequency, additional information, ...)?

Of course, I will send the frequency table to Gerd Knorr from Xawtv for public use.

Thanx

Rene