[linux-dvb] Frequency-string at V4L interface

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Bartsch?= writes:

 > I hope the Convergence-driver can use the standard strings for frequency at the V4L-interface, with additional information
 > (e.g. "11632000:v:l" or "11632000:0:1" instead of "847250"). I would create a standard frequency-table and use that strings instead
 > of the terrestrian frequencies.

1) There is no frequency string in the video4linux API. Its an
   unsigned long.
2) We are not using the v4l API for tuning. Tuning is much more
   complicated than setting a frequency.
3) Use xawtv for viewing and tuxzap or any other tuning application
   included in the driver package or elsewhere for tuning.

Marcus