From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]On Behalf Of PSIplus
Sent: 03 January 2002 21:30
To: Marcus Metzler
Cc: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: WinTV Nova: Drivers working, but no Video

Hi!

> The Nova card needs a software MPEG2 decoder. The hardware only
> delivers the MPEG data. MPlayer and Xine cannot play the TS stream
> that comes from /dev/ost/dvr.
> Try "cat /dev/ost/dvr | ts2ps 0 0 | mplayer -" or the euivalent for
> xine, if possible. You may need to put the program buffer in that
> pipe.

Yeah, But my Problem is: There is nothing coming throught this device, not
even an unknown stream!

psiplus:/etc/init.d# analyze /dev/ost/dvr
analyze
Reading /dev/ost/dvr

If I want to analyze the Stream, it stopps...
If I have tuxzap opened:
psiplus:/etc/init.d# analyze /dev/ost/dvr
analyze
/dev/ost/dvr: Device or resource busy

This error appears...

I used the Astra-Channel list from "examples", but I don't think that's
wrong
(or is it?) -> dvbrc.astra -> ~/.dvbrc

Do you know what's the Problem?

Bye, Martin