[linux-dvb] Tuning problem

Hi,

I don't really expect to get an answer from this list, but I'm getting a
little desperate...

I got my two DVB-C cards the day before yesterday (one full-featured cards
and one budget card). Since then I've been trying to tune the cards. First
I tried with only the full-featured card installed. I used the SW that
came with the card from TechnoTrend. I used QAM64 and 6.9M symbolrate.

AFAIK, there are three bouquets with eight free and three pay-channels.
The three bouquets should be on frequencies S18 - 20 (~280 - 295MHz).

!! I'm not really sure about any of the paramaters (freqs, srate, QAM) !!

The TT SW answers after each frequency with "No DVB signal". Does this
mean that on that frequency there was no DVB signal or that there is no
signal at all? There are no markings in the TT cards, so I'm assuming that
the female connector is Input.

About the linux stuff:

I got the driver compiled and the modules load. I get an error message
about the firmware into the system log (can't remember the exact frasing).

I've tried using dtv_scan (added S18-20 to the config file), but it fails
also.

I laso compiled VDR successfully. It starts and says that it finds two DVB
cards. I tried usinf the provided channels.conf.cable file, but the tuning
obviously fails since the frquencies are wrong. The system log shows that
VDR tries to tune the card to the channel, so I'm assuming that everything
is OK with the cards regardless of the error message about the firmware.

I'll get in touch with the cable company next ;)

-- Lauri