[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV Nova: Drivers working, but no Video

PSIplus writes:
 > Hi!
 >
 > Additional Info:
 > If I record the Stream:
 >  cat /dev/ost/dvr | ts2ps 0 0 > test.mpg
 > The video quality is low... nearby the whole screen is green, no sound, etc...

Did you test the file with mplayer or xine. mplayer has no problems
with my files, but xine has no sound and hangs at the end.
If you have blockiness or similar distortions, you may have tuning
problems. Maybe you need to edit your .dvbrc file. You can also use
dvb_tune from linuxstb.org to create an XML .dvbtc file which can also
be read by (n)tuxzap.

To be sure there is no other problem, try to do everything by hand
without pipes, e.g.
cat /dev/ost/dvr > file.ts
ts2ps file.ts 0 0 > file.mpg
etc.