[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T card and the UK

http://www.linuxstb.org/dvb-t/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]On Behalf Of Ray
Sent: 04 January 2002 18:51
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] DVB-T card and the UK

Hi

Could someone tell me what the difference is between a DVB-T card for the UK
and a normal one.  I think that the UK uses COFDM on 2K and that most of
Europe uses OFDM on 8K.  The DVB-T cards from technotrend only mention OFDM,
but is this difference in the software or the hardware.

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm wanting to full card but Hauppauge
are taking their time releasing a none budget version.  The easiest way to
tell if their is any difference in the hardware would be to compare a
Hauppauge DVB-T Nova and a Technotrend DVB-T Budget as the Nova is the only
one currently available in the UK.

Thanks
Ray

linux-dvb" as subject.