[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problem

Ralph Metzler writes:
> > I'm also surprised by the uninterest from both Techonotrend and the
driver
> > developers at Convergence to fix this or even to provide input or hint
> > on this issue.
>
> AFAIR, Technotrend never cared about Linux drivers at all. I
> never received any information about their hardware from them.
> (This is true for ALL card manufacturers except Siemens.)
> So, why are you surprised now?

I am really surprised because http://www.linuxtv.org/developer/dvb.xml said
that
the TT DVB-C card was *supported* (not "it might work") until I sent the
burning
tourch mail to the list...

> We are also not interested in supporting each and every version of the
> DVB cards, especially if we don't even have a sample card and won't
> get any kind of help by the manufacturer to program the new chips
> which might be on those cards.
> Please explain exactly why we should be interested in supporting
> such cards?

I can't. But don't say you do then... I was hoping to run Linux on my VDR,
but that
won't seem to happen anytime soon.

> All I can do for now is to add a note on our WWW page that not
> all card versions of all vendors work with the driver.
> In 4 weeks all this will probably be a moot point anyway and all I
> will be able to support then is a version 1.3 DVB-S card.

That's a pity for the Linux community.

Stefan