[linux-dvb] Re: HDTV & DVB / VDR (dscaler ..)

On Thursday, 10. January 2002 16:59, you wrote:
> Emil,
>
> Most of the time i am recording Films not Video.
>
> Using MPlayer it seems that there is ZigZag (bad deinterlacing) on some
> films.
> You can easily see it on fast moves.
> But on good Canal+ broadcasts i don't have any problem.

Better force all broadcasters to a more useful transmission scheme than worry
with such half-solutions at all :-(

For those watching on TVsets - the output of the DVBcard does the
interlacing from non-interlaced material as well - or do you see
negative-interlacing effects on non-interlaced material?

I wondered if there is some hardware in a TVset doing some kind of
deinterlacing...

Speaking about hardware - why does'nt the ARM do that for us?