[linux-dvb] Re: HDTV & DVB / VDR (dscaler ..)

Andy van de Graaf wrote:

> What I would like to have..... A single CD with

 > options to install a working VDR solution. This

> is how to make Linux become more widely accepted.

 > My reference is Smoothwall, maybe not the best,
 > but at least a> way to get Linux accepted by

> a broader audience.

this is quite off topic and i hope this will not start a never ending
thread, but the lacking of such "auto install cds for everybody" is one
of the "not so bad" points of linux. linux users are more skilled in
computer usage and thus they do not need such things as it keeps linux
as flexible as it can be and that makes linux the "better" OS, IMHO.

Don't get me wrong: it is not my intention to offend anybody. everybody
should use, what he likes best ...

i only want to point out, that not every new user for linux is also a
good user for the linux community, in the first place.

just my 2 Cent ...
clemens