[linux-dvb] Problems with 2 Hauppauge DVB-S cards

Dear Everybody,

I have a linux box (RH 7.1/ kernel 2.4.10 / PIII 450 MHz / 128 Mo RAM).
I'm using 2 Hauppauge win TV DVB-S (second release) with the latest driver.

At first, I installed the software with only 1 DVB-S card in the box.
Everything was running OK : I was receiving a PID on Astra (freq 12,363
GHz, pol V).

Then I installed a second card and reconfigured absolutely nothing (I just
'make insmod'  in the driver directory).

I tried to tune the second card on HotBird (freq 10,911 GHz, pol V). The
status I get from the frontend is 1 (HAS_POWER).
After a TUNE cmd, when I try to get frontend events, I only get FAILURE_EVT
(I read 10 events).

I tried to use the sec device to set pol V (13 volts) and low freq (NO
TONE). When I read the sec status, I get bus mode =0 (bus_idle), voltage =
2 (13 Volts) and 22KHz = 1 (TONE OFF).
So the sec device is in the state I asked for.

I tried to switch the LNB inputs on both cards (I do have 2 dishes with
good signal). It still works for Astra (on the newly inserted card) but not
for HotBird (on the formerly installed card).

(So It doesn't seem to be a /dev/ost/qpsk1 problem but a tuning problem...)

Is my understanding of all this OK ? Couldn't there be some problems with
frequencies very close to the 10,600 GHz frequency of the LNB ?
Any hint ?

I guess I'm not the only one to use 2 DVB-S staring at 2 differents
satellites...

Thanks a lot,
Karim AMRANI