[linux-dvb] Re: Layout of rev 1.3 DVB-s cards

Hi Christoph, Matthias and all,

(Sorry if this gets duplicated, but I sent it over 10 hours ago)

At 14:54 16/01/2002 +0100, Christoph Röll wrote:
>At 11:18 16/01/2002, I wrote:

>> Please!, it will be great if someone having a Rev 1.3 card and access to
>> a digital camera, can take a good pictures...
>
>here, i made two pictures public on
>
>http://www.christoph-roell.de/dvb/dvbs1.html
>
>Hope it will help
>
>Christoph

Many thanks and its has been of use!. To me, it's confirmed that on
revision 2.1 cards, the balls for RC_OUT, GY_OUT and B_OUT are not passed
to the solder side, making near imposible [1] to have RGB or SVHS outputs
on this cards :-((.

I've done a few clips of the pictures, comparing the areas of interest,
on the two revisions and showing the problem. I'll send its to Matthias and
Christoph, in the hope that its can be made public, if it's of interest and
possible.

[1] I don't know if on the Bias and/or Compensation pins for RGB signals,
    could be some lineal transformation of the signals at the unrearchables
    RGB pins. Surelly, I'll trie to return my card and after all, I don't
    have yet any DVB software running, so I can't check if this RGB "way"
    could be possible :-(.

Best regards:

-- Type: application/zip
-- File: DvbsVerCmp.zip